Cloud Genius Ltd (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Cloud Genius Ltd of 14 Heol Fach, Caerbryn, SA18 3DJ.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
· Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site cloud-genius.com or subdomains (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by Cloud Genius Ltd, and when you report a problem with our site.
· If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
· We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
· Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
· Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
· To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
· To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
· To speed up your searches.
· To recognise you when you return to our site.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
· To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
· To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
· To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
· To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
· To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by SMS, e-mail, post or telephone.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means e-mail or SMS with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
· In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
· If Cloud Genius Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at 14 Heol Fach, Caerbryn, Ammanford, SA18 3DJ or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Where is my Salesforce instance located?
One of the big questions for charities (and for businesses) is, WHERE IS MY DATA? Knowing where your data is part of your compliance with the regulations. Here is our knowledge article on where to find it!...
Another Trademark for Cloud Genius
A Trademark is born Behold it's glory!® It feels like a win at the Oscars… but there is a lot more to the story. The Event Bridge® logo now has the same Trademark protections as the Event Bridge® name. It is another step on Event Bridge’s journey within the...
Time to Re-visit Security in Password Managers – 1Password
Yes, this is fair and unpaid Just so you know, our decisions are based on our experience and there was no money from relevant services or monetised links. For a number of years we have been using a password manager called 'LastPass'. This has been great - as it has...
Launching our new support portal
Finding support can be difficult... so that is why we have launched our support portal. The idea is that people will be able to help themselves before checking in with us. For many people, this 'instant result' saves them a load of time. However, there will still be...
Net Zero… and getting there
When you are partner for a company, you expect them to talk a lot about their product. So, it was a bit of a shock being at the recent partner talk. Salesforce is different. They talk about how you can get the best talent. They talk about how they have added...
Carry People on the Journey
We are putting our knowledge together and making it available to everyone
Customer Responsiveness and Women’s Fashions
One of the joys of running your own business is having all the tasks that no-one else in the business can/will do. That includes networking... I am a member of the EVO network. This morning we had a great talk from Laura B, founder of the Shortlist. Laura is on a...
How do I know how well we are doing?
What on earth are they doing? One of the scariest moments of going from being a successful ‘minion’ to a manager is that moment when you realise that you don’t know what is happening. You can look very carefully at the folk you are managing, but you cannot watch every...
Email privacy changes and how they affect you
It's not going to work the same. One of the go-to methods for contacting many clients is mass-email. Here we use Campaign Monitor, but there are many others including the venerable MailChimp. All of these systems allow you to track whether someone has opened their...